Protection is Important!
To your ears, that is. Did you know that a sound as loud as a blow dryer or blender can cause hearing loss and damage to your ears? Fun (or not so fun) fact for your Thursday.
Tips for protecting your hearing:
- Wear hearing protection when around sounds louder than 85 dB for a long period of time.
- There are different types of hearing protection such as foam earplugs, earmuffs and custom hearing protection devices.
- 85dB is about the sound of your hair dryer, lawn mower, blender or vacuum cleaner!
- Contact your local audiologist for custom hearing protection devices.
- Turning down the volume when listening to the radio, the TV, MP3 player, or anything through earbuds and headphones. (Visit www.TurnItToTheLeft.com)
- Walking away from the noise.
- And, other than hearing protection, do not put anything in your ear!
Contact your local audiologist for additional expertise on protecting your hearing and preventing noise induced hearing loss!
*Data provided by the American Academy of Audiology